Tuesday 5 July 2011

A Folksy thanks

It's good when you hear someone has made a sale in the Folksy Forums. It's even better when someone has sold an item similar to what I am trying to sell. To say i'm still waiting for my first sale, is disappointing. But i'm sure it will come in time. Being an experienced ebay seller, I know how good it feels when you have sold an item...that someone has actually wanted to purchase from you and have even fought over it!

For me, spending the time creating something with my own fair hands is enjoyable enough. But to sell it...well....it's the icing on the cake.

To find a website such as folksy was exciting. I'd never heard of it before and nobody i knew had heard of it before.
Ebay seems to dominate the web for selling things. How often have you heard someone say - "well if you don't want it, stick it on ebay!"
I love ebay and often use it at christmas. It's the ideal place to buy gifts.

But Folksy is different. Here is the artist and creators year round craft fair. With so many beautiful hand made items for sale, the choice is endless.

I am working on extending my range. I have one knitted item waiting to be listed, but you'll have to wait til wednesday to find out what it is!

I have a list of ideas for things to make. I am thankful that I have the skills to make things. Creativity would be near the top of the list if i were to describe myself in so many words.

And thanks to folksy, I now have a place to share my creativeness. And i'm loving every second of it!

2 comments:

  1. Its great your enjoying Folksy so much! I felt the same way when I found it. I'm sure your first sale won't be too far away; some people wait months for their first and then take off! Can't wait to see the new knitted item ;)

    Leanne x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leanne. I am sure as i add new stock, that i will get my first sale soon. I have added my new knitted item now, so take a look if u like :)

    ReplyDelete